Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 3

I had an awesome workout today. My plan was to go to the last class of the day but I decided during my workday that I would work through my lunch break and hit an earlier class. It worked out better with my schedule, plus it was a 75 min class rather than a 90 min class. (I think you will start to see a pattern of laziness here!)

The class was FULL today. There were about 40 of us and since I was running a little bit late, I got a spot in the very back row. Much to my surprise, a girlfriend I hadn't seen in very long time laid her mat right next to mine. We whispered "we need to catch up!" and then we retreated
to our own mats, our own minds, or our own practices. I did watch her out of the corner of my eye a few times and noticed she has a great tree pose! Well done Erica!!

I was a little bummed to not be right in front of the mirror, but I must say I actually enjoyed it. It felt so different to be able to see other people in front of me and not be able to have a 100% direct focus on myself. I wasn't nearly as judgmental of my own body as I typically am and I think part of that was because I could see it!!! I will start setting my mat up in different places around the room cause it makes it more interesting.

Im going to the 6AM class tomorrow which should be interesting. I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON!

No comments:

Post a Comment