Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day 13



Wasnt my best yoga day...the last few have been tough. I did the sunrise class today which is pretty hard on my left torn rotator cuff. Just when I think its completely healed, a downward facing dog tells me otherwise. I spent the majority of the time on the floor today...just couldnt muster it up. I had a headache this morning too and I ended up having to skip out of class a little early because I needed excedrin soooo bad. Sorry Kelly for having to leave!!!

But dont worry...Im not going to be Negative Nelly the entire blog....so here comes Positive Planting Polly!

Today (while my yoga mats dried), roma tomatoes, cucumbers, jalapenos & bell peppers were planted in beautiful pots gifted to us by my future mother in law. This is the first time Ive ever planted anything and thank goodness I have Wade to help take care of them....cause they might die a slow death without him. Pretty ironic that I NEVER forget to feed myself....but always forget to feed my plants!


We also planted herbs which smell amazing already and really spruce up the deck. We have Basil, Cilantro, Parsley, Thyme & Oregano. I tried to find chives and mint but lowes didnt have them, so now Im on the hunt.
As I get deeper into this fitness challenge, it is becoming more and more essential to eat clean and healthy. Not only for its nutritional benefits, but for the energy it gives me. Its amazing how unhealthy foods really zap your energy and make your whole body feel heavy and lethargic. I will take Cassie's advice and eat more potassium this week and also get some trace mineral vitamins too....anything to help me through week 3 of this challenge is welcomed!


2 comments:

  1. Am enjoying your journey. Thanks for sharing. Hang in there - i understand about the headaches - have personal experience with them. Keep on going - you can do it. Success is walking in the room and getting on your mat. Listen to your body and honor it from there.

    I'm wrapping up teacher training and ended up having surgery right at the end. Am recovering well, but miss the physical practice, so I am glad to be able to read about your experience. Namaste - Janet Caldwell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Janet, Its thrilling to know people are reading this! I finished my half way class today and feel very proud!!! Get well soon and hopefully I'll see you in that hotter than heck room soon!

    ReplyDelete