Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 16 & 17!

Day 16 I had Cassie as my teacher! She was the one who started this whole thing, so it was fun to have her an an instructor. Typically when the instructor walks through the door, we all hop up and the workout begins. We did this with Cassie and she asked us to lay back down. She walked us through some breathing and told us to pick out a "warrior phrase." Something you can repeat to yourself throughout class to keep you going. My warrior phrase was "PERSEVERE!" And have to tell you, it worked!!! When I felt tired, worn out, totally done...I just thought of my warrior phrase and it helped me stay with my effort. I really loved it! Cassie...you were an awesome instructor, I cannot wait to be in your class again!


Day 17 was a highlight in this series. In my past life, before hot yoga took over, I took a sculpting class each Monday and Wednesday at the YMCA. I LOVED that class and as I started to become a regular, I made some really cool friendships with other women in the class. One of those friendships was with my amazing instructor Heather.

Not only is she my health & fitness inspiration but she is an all around wonderful person. So....when I got my hands on a guest pass, I invited Heather to join me! She accepted, today was the day & SHE WAS AMAZING!!! She was a first timer and I was so impressed with how awesome she did. Her awkward pose was even better than this one! Her legs were parallel to the floor!!!! (I guess all those squats pay off!)

Heather has two fun blogs that I look at every day! She makes really yummy gluten-free dishes on glutenfreecat.blogspot.com, and she recently started a blog about fitness too (because she is training for her first triathlon) glutenfreecatfitness.blogspot.com! Check her out...she'll inspire you too!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you sooooo much for inviting me. I knew you were a strong woman, but watching you conquer that class, knowing that you've done it for SEVENTEEN DAYS IN A ROW was amazing! Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete