Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 18, 19 & 20!!!

Whoo hoo....10 days to go!!! Dont get me wrong, I have loved this experience...but I think I can safely say that I am ready for a day off! Not to stop hot yoga completely, but maybe just a few days of rest to catch my breath and give my body a break.

That said, this journey has been amazing. I have pushed myself mentally & physically and also really made a change in my life. I have learned that no matter how busy life is....there is always time for a good workout!! Im the master of excuses...but the truth is, there is no excuse! If you want to be healthy and fit...all it takes is determination to find the time to make that happen. I hope that after these 10 days are over, I will continue finding time for me and for a good sweat....cause I feel great right now!

My feet and knees feel strong, solid and soo good. No aches or pain at all in them. I can see my waist wittiling away and that is awesome. My arms are toning up and my left rotator cuff is slowly healing. I still have to take special care during half moon pose, as that tends to pull a little too much. Today, memorial day, there was only 1 class session open. It was a 930am class and it was PACKED. I counted 14 mats in in row, and 4 rows deep! I was so impressed and inspired that so many other people made being there a priority. Being in a room with people like that is intoxicating. I also thank PJ for letting me borrow a mat and a towel....as I walked out the door today without any of that!!!


2 comments:

  1. Well Melissa you and I have never met but you've inspired me. I'm starting my hot yoga challenge tomorrow. :D I've been doing hot yoga for a little over two years now, but had to take a year off because I had a baby. I've been back a couple times a week for a few months now and am loving being back... can't wait to see how amazing I feel after doing 30 classes, 30 days in a row. Bring it. ;)

    ReplyDelete